Today was Day 4! Bananas, Milk and Soup day Sounds gross but it wasn’t so bad!
“Day Four, bananas, milk and soup sound the strangest and least desirable. You’re in for a surprise. You probably will not eat all the bananas allowed. But they are there for the potassium you have lost and the sodium you may have missed the past three days. You will notice a definite loss of desire for sweets. You will be surprised how easy this day will go.”
I woke up and weighed myself this morning and I lost almost another pound! Woo hoo! I was also off work again! Woo hoo! So off to the kitchen I went to get my banana and milk fix…… up to 6 glasses of milk eh?………. I cannot stand milk 😦 The texture is not my cup of tea and it tends to upset my stomach. … Not to worry! I had Almond Milk instead! 🙂 I decided to kill two birds with one stone….. I made a banana, almond milk smoothie. It was much easier to drink the milk. I put 2 cups of the almond milk and 2 whole bananas in my blender and let it do its thing. I had one glass of the smoothie for breakfast and another for lunch. I could not drink another glass of milk after that. Two was enough for me.
This combination is filling! I went out to run errands and brought a banana with me as a snack.
When I got home it was time to get to work on the soup! This soup is called the GM Wonder Soup. You are allowed to eat this in unlimited quantities after today. So, basically there are 2 main ingredients that are super important that you need to stick to, cabbage and the onion soup mix. The rest of the veggies and spices you can get creative with! Here is my version.
GM Wonder Soup
1 WHOLE cabbage cut into large pieces, 1 whole onion dice, 3 garlic cloves minced, 2 large carrots diced, 3 celery stems diced, 3 leaves of turnip greens diced, 2 cups of peas, 1 tbs of olive oil, 1 packet of onion soup mix (the original recipe says the Lipton brand, but I got the store brand with the same ingredients inside to save money), 1 tbs of oregano, 3 bay leaves, 1 tbs of thyme, 2 tbs of garlic powder, 1 tbs of chili flakes, 2 tbs of pepper, and salt to your liking ( i recommend as little of this as possible as it will make you bloat), and 2 quarts of water.
1. Chop up the veggies and set them aside
2. In a large soup pot pour the tbs of olive oil on the bottom and add the onion, garlic and the bay leaves and toss them around until the onions become yellow on medium heat for about 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the carrots and celery and toss around for another 3-4 minutes adding the rest of the spices as you go.
4. Add your water and the onion soup mix, turn the heat to high and bring the water to a broil
5. Add the peas, cabbage and turnip greans and bring the water down to a simmer. Cook the cabbage for only three minutes or the cabbage will be mushy. (Note about the cabbage: Use the entire head of cabbage. I cut half of it and thought ” Wow, that is way to much, Im going to put the other half away.” After the cabbage heats it gets smaller like spinach so I ended up chopping up the rest and putting the whole thing in. Its the most important factor to flushing out your system. So do it!)
6. Serve and enjoy.
It was actually really good and my mom even enjoyed two bowls of it. I had three bowls yesterday and felt very satisfied after. This was my end result!
Tonight I went to Yoga at my gym. I missed being at the gym and the last few days I didn’t have much energy. It felt wonderful. I ate a banana after and I didn’t feel weak or anything! Yay!!
So lets see…… today’s summary. I had 4 bananas, 2 cups of “milk” and 3 bowls of the GM Wonder Soup and of course my 10 glasses of water. My urine has already become crystal clear and my cravings are almost gone! See you bloggers next time! Like, comment, subscribe and repin! xoxo